Why do I blog?
I’ve been reading Berry’s Memes over the past few weeks because the woman amazes me with her blog. I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels this way lol. She’s the one blogger that other bloggers would probably build a statue of and sacrifice review copies to for more readers or better photos. 😛 I love the memes and I think it’s a great way for us to get to know the bloggers out there and their perspectives. Here’s my latest contribution to the blogger memes!
- How long have you been blogging? Since July 2008 (Holy. Shit.)
- Why did you start blogging? A long time ago, I fell in love with the Second Life and its ability to allow artists to create absolutely anything their minds could fathom. I watched SL grow and become filled with beautiful things that I could never have seen in RL. And my favorite was always RP. The ability to explore another facet of yourself and to express yourself appearancewise in ways that aren’t possible in RL. SL gave me wings one day and demon horns the next. I was hooked and I wanted to share it.
- How many times a week do you post an entry? I try to post once a week at least, but as we all know RL comes first and sometimes I just won’t allow it.
- How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? A handful on a regular basis, but I love to browse tons of different blogs. If I read it over and over again, it’s listed on blogs we love or blogs I follow. 🙂
- Do you comment on other people’s blogs? I try to, yes.
- Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? All the friggin’ time. I log in several times a day to see if anyone has dropped by! It’s silly!!
- Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? Absolutely never. Oh, I’ve certainly received flack over some things that I’ve written, but I won’t ever insult my readers by playing he said she said games, posting crap, or being a bigot. It just won’t happen.
- Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? Yes I do.
- Do you blog under your real name? No, I blog under my avatar name, Roewan Kline.
- Are there topics that you would never blog about? Yes, I’ve been approached several times over the years about things that I blog, mainly people talking crap about another person’s work, but if I don’t think it has some merit, I don’t post it, and I’ll never be ugly or critical about things that I can’t even do. So, for future reference, never approach me and ask me to tear someone else down. It won’t happen.
- What is the theme/topic of your blog? Roleplay Fashion/Sims/etc.
- Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? No I don’t, I’m too enslaved to this one lol!
- What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?
I meet the most amazing, talented people on the grid. I can’t name them all, but people like ILYUSHIN TZEDEK (I love this murf!!), Solange Cerveau, Surreal LeShelle, Evangeline Miles, Talyn Barrett, Songfeather Starr, Delora Starbrook, Celadori Sakai, Tyr Rozenblum, Etalena Lane, Sabina Takakura, Vaelian, Cymoril Lightfoot, and so so many others (forgive me if I didn’t say your name here), and I have been fortunate enough to be exposed to their art and their unique ways of thinking, and sometimes even asked for my opinion, which is a truly amazing experience. I also get to meet other bloggers and enjoy their art, which I love just as much. (Strawberry, Beks, Alura, etc.!)
- So, why do you continue to blog? Because I live in a podunk town with the world a thousand miles away from me. But here, I can explore, I can experience, and with this blog I can reach out and hopefully spread my love of art to someone else who feels just like me. ART IS LIFE. And it’s something we must cultivate if we want it to thrive. 🙂
As for the clothing in this pic, I wanted to showcase something by Soedara. They have just beautiful clothing there, and it’s nice to see a new silk maker out in SL and holding it’s own with the big dogs! It’s needless to say that the game runners in the silk business have certainly changed and it’s getting harder and harder to find sexy silks out there, but people like Soedara are still amazing us with their sexy designs! And by the way if you haven’t checked into EXXESS lately, then you should. The woman is churning out some badass mesh hair!! See credits!
Silks: Sekushii in Black by Soedara
Hair: Vesna in Electric Blue by EXXESS
Eyes: Essentials Eyes in Golden Hazel by Insufferable Dastard
Skin: Astrali Skin in Saturne – Shadow by The.Plastik
Poses: Milliner by Glitterati
Face Tat: Soul Ink Reloaded – Bren by The.Plastik